Our leadership team drives the company, guides our strategy and leads our people. Learn about our directors and management committee here.
We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190countrieswhere our brands are available
- 3.4 billionpeopleuse our products every day
- €52 billionturnoverin 2021
- 400+ brandsthat are household names
- 13 brandswith sales of over €1 billion in 2021
- 13 brandsin Kantar's top 50 global brands are ours
- 50 marketswhere we are the FMCG employer of choice
- 52/48gender balance(female/male)
- 92%of our leadersare local to their market
- €445mspend with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups
- 53%of our plastic packaging isreusable, recyclable or compostable
- 64%reductionin Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions since 2015
- Making sustainableliving commonplace
- 49yearsof sustainable business in Bangladesh
- 4Brandsin operation
- HorlicksIs the most loved health food drink brand
- 1st company to achieve plastic neutrality in Bangladesh
Ensuring nutrition for the nation
We believe everyone, everywhere should have access to good food with balanced nutrition. To help build a healthier nation and make nutrition both accessible and affordable, Unilever Consumer Care Limited (formerly GlaxoSmithKline Bangladesh Limited) has been operating in Bangladesh since 1974. With international brands like Horlicks, Maltova, Boost, and GlucoMax D (previously known as Glaxose D), we have been enriching people’s lives and partnering to contribute to build a healthy, sustainable future for Bangladesh.
Over the past five decades, we have been introducing high-quality products with international standards and winning the consumers' hearts. Harboring lovable popular brands, Unilever Consumer Care Limited has fostered a positive corporate image.
Unilever Consumer Care Limited (UCL) has a strong leading position in the Health Food Drink (HFD) Category of Bangladesh that we have been proudly maintaining. We take pride in our brands that always touch the lives of people, including Horlicks, which is one of the top brands in Bangladesh, among all categories.
After successfully integrating with Unilever in 2018, one of the largest global players in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry, we have reemphasized on our purpose of fighting all sorts of malnutrition in Bangladesh through our purpose led brands and initiatives. As guided by the sustainable living principles of our Unilever Compass, UCL zooms in to contribute to ensure “Positive Nutrition” and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of Zero Hunger and Good Health and Wellbeing.